Sign In / Sign Out
Navigation for Entire University
- ASU Home
- My ASU
- Colleges and Schools
- Map and Locations
This website was designed for the Commission on Innovation, Competitiveness and Economic Prosperity (CICEP), a commission of the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU). It is intended to be a toolkit for universities to use in developing measures of their contributions to regional economies. See the background report for more information.
Universities contribute to the local community in three distinct ways, as shown in the diagram:
These contributions result in various outcomes, including higher incomes of individuals and the community as a whole, higher-quality jobs, enhanced economic development, and improvements in prosperity and quality of life.
This CICEP Web site is divided into five sections:
1. Overview. These pages, extracted from the background report, expand on the above diagram, citing issues, recommendations and references for each of the three ways in which universities contribute to their local economies.
2. Definitions. Terms used in the above diagram are defined in this section.
3. How-To Guide. Tips on how to measure the effects of a university on a local economy are provided.
4. Indicators. Three datasets organized by metropolitan area present data on universities, measures of research activity, the concentration of high-technology activities, and indicators of prosperity.
5. References. This section provides an annotated bibliography, organized into four functional topics.